Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tree Leaves Are Changing Early

Trees In Gays Mill Wisconsin

The leaves in several areas of the US are changing early because of drought and warm weather. Leaves start to turn brown and die when they don't get enough water. This is called leaf scorching and is happening around a lot of  the Midwest. The leaf scorching causes the cells in the leaves to die and causes the brown color instead of the different colors we usually see when leaves change. Trees in Wisconsin and Ohio have been effected by this and leaves are already turning brown. 

I thought this article was interesting because when I think about the drought I automatically think of it's effects on crops and I wouldn't even consider what kind of effect it would have on tree leaves. It just makes me realize how large of  an effect a drought can have on everything in the area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment